Platypus Journey

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Poetry Wednesday

These haiku are all inspired by my experiences with Cushing's. Hopefully the words today will paint the picture.

8/15/06
tossing and turning
insomnia is my bane
elusive slumber

REALLY PISS ME OFF!
Cushing's makes me so cranky
looks like the High's here

Look! It's 4 AM
the time between day and night
wish I was sleeping

UFCs crucial
for tyranny of the jug
pee into the hat

8/24/06
swollen abdomen
told that I'm not fat enough
a Cushie's heart break

8/31/06
My head is pounding
moving fast than I thought
tomorrow at noon

I'm wired that way
random thought not nearly so
I'm weird that way

freaker or tweaker
like I'm all spun out on speed
too much cortisol

9/30/06
my head cracks open
thoughts spill out like brilliant leaves
what was I saying?

10/12/06
tumor crescendos
narcoleptic butterfly
laying me out cold

10/18/06
platypus are rare
can't possibly exist here
look at me right now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home