Platypus Journey

Wednesday, October 11, 2006


Ranting and raving.... About video games…

First off, so far, this is not one of my bits of art work. I pulled this directly off the World of Warcraft Player vs. Player (WoW PvP) site. I just wanted to make that clear. Also, I mostly play a female Troll, not a male, so that also needs to be cleared up.

I MISS WoW!!! http://www.worldofwarcraft.com Whine! Whine! Whine! Whine! Oh yeah, whine some more. Stupid Cushing's. When I'm really High I can't play because I get frustrated and want to throw things at the idiots in the battle grounds who just don't understand a thing about tactics or strategy. Heh, my cortisol gets so High that I get... well a bit unreasonable. Okay a whole lot unreasonable. But the other thing when I get High I want to physically do things, like yard work. Or run around in circles like a crazy woman, but that’s a different story.


http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/rewards-mounts.html

When I’m Low or on the Low end of Normal, I can’t play WoW because it sucks up all my cortisol. Part of the same reason I can’t drink. Well, I don’t want to drink when I’m Low, but when I’m Low or Low Normal, I need to conserve all my cortisol.

I just really miss WoW. I feel like I’m never gonna get my Black raptor. Like I’m never gonna make Lieutenant General (rank 11). And I’m never gonna get my Black War Raptor. It sure doesn’t help that I lost 2 ranks. I’m back to being a First Sergeant. Whine, whine, whine. I’m not gonna get my PvP gear, and I’m not gonna get my Beast master gear. Whine, whine, whine.

I play on Thorium Brotherhood, a role playing server. I originally started on a PvP server. It got too much for me with all the ganking. I just couldn’t handle it. I know, I know, big whiny baby, gotta play on a care-bear server. I don’t care. I have trouble some days with the mobs that I don’t need to worry about being ganked. And I feel bad ganking people in return. I just feel bad. Now, the Battle Grounds, that’s different. Everyone is ready, everyone is prepared. It’s sort of like going paint-balling without the bruises, and without getting my acrylic nails destroyed by the paint balls. I don’t know what it is, but the paint in the paint-balls simply dissolves my acrylic nails. Not that I currently have acrylic nails… and not that I currently have the energy to go paint-balling… but when I do, and when I do… well, you get the picture.

Anyway, my younger sister prefers to play on a PvP server. I don’t remember off the top of my head which server she’s on right now. One of the relatively newer servers, about the same age as Thorium Brotherhood. She’s got a hunter as well, but that’s all I’m telling. For now.

I don’t play FPS games. Those are First Person Shooters. I can’t handle the video aspect. It will give me a headache and make me want to barf even without being on a Low. I’ve never been able to handle the video aspect, and I don’t hold much hope that I’ll ever be able to handle it. My older sister and my mom on the other hand, they really like FPS games. My mom went into her local video game store and was looking for the latest and greatest FPS that could be played stand alone. She doesn’t have the best luck with internet, being somewhat rural, and more than somewhat... well, not competent with technology... (She once deleted all the .dll files in her windows directory because she never used them. If you don’t understand why that’s a baaaad thing, that’s ok too.)

Anyway, she went to the video game store and wanted buy the latest and greatest FPS. The uber game boys thought it was for her grandson, but when she explained that it was for HER and that she’d worked her way through all these other FPS titles… they now think she’s the coolest little old lady on the face of the planet. Little do they know… little do they know… muahhaa hhaaa hhaaa

I really hope that I’m better by the time Burning Crusades comes out. I’m not sure exactly when it will be released. You know game release dates. We are promised one thing, but then they actually ship on another date. Or worse, they ship on the date the marketing weenies promise, and we get a buggy product. Same with the entire software ecosphere.

Oh, and don’t even get me started about Spore! http://www.spore.com If you want to make me cry, start talking about how they have slipped their ship date, AGAIN!!!! Spore comes from EA games, the makers of The Sims, The Sims2 http://thesims2.ea.com/ and of course MULE! My Sims2 town is almost completely populated by aliens. Woot! I don’t have the latest expansion pack, but not being gainfully employed has put a crimp in my playtime.

Lately The Sims2 is easier for me to play than anything else. I do play lots of puzzle games on zone.msn.com. Well, maybe not lots, but that’s more my speed than anything else. I find them meditative. I always have. My son, Mr. Gameboy-oh has always been in awe of the scores that I rack-up, but I don’t think they are terribly impressive. He has beat me once at Chuzzle though. One of the high-lights of his life, the day he beat his mom at a puzzler game…

Heh, sounds more like I’m a teen-aged boy-oh rather than some respectable matron. But I suppose that’s part of the point, isn’t it.

1 Comments:

  • This is a topic that's close to my heart... Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?

    my site Microsoft Office Gratuit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home