Platypus Journey

Saturday, October 07, 2006


Waiting for the Call 10-6-06
Today Monica and I are having our cases presented before the Tumor Board. It's sort of like we have turned in all our tests, we've presented our case, argued and defended our side, researched and presented for examination for the most rigorous test we have ever presented for. And now it is out of our hands. It is like waiting for Finals, like waiting for the Masters board to meet, or the MBA. We think that after this they should just hand us another degree.

I think I won't hear anything until next Thursday. I'm dealing with an Academic institution, after all. And school is my career, if you will. They have their own pace.

And as compassionate as Dr. L is, when I call in the middle of a freaker/tweaker he's not interested in making it stop, he's only interested in getting me to TEST. How can I get to a lab and get blood drawn. Can I drive in the middle of one of these? Hell, I can hardly string a coherent sentence together and he wants me to drive to a lab. Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. L, but he is a researcher, and sometimes they have their priorities a little skewed. He told me that I was going to hate him, since his priority was to find out what was going on with me while I was in the middle of on of those episodes, not to make it stop.


So, I can really appreciate it when folks are tired of testing, honestly I can appreciate it!


Speaking of researchers, I'm still having mixed results with my experiments with licorice. I was able to wake up NORMAL one morning, but it seems I need to keep eating licorice throughout the day to maintain the normal status. I will continue to track my progress.
Dang, this means that I better start keeping a lab book! dang it.

Yesterday just before I went to bed I had a minor crash again. Like I was moving in slow motion. It was pretty funny. I figured that if I was doing tai chi during one of these slow motion phases, it would look like I'd completely stopped! HaHa! Too funny!


Anyway, the rains seem to have returned here to the Pacific NorthWe(s)t (the "S" is silent) I went out and got a box of fire logs. I almost couldn't get the box out of the cart, and there was no way I could get it out of my trunk.

I have to get cured soon.

Good thing I have a "freakishly high amount of testosterone" in my system.


Mike is going to Idaho today to get the rest of my stuff. I won't be returning to school soon. It's a hard reality. But soon is not never. And I realize that I won’t be using my spinning wheel there. I just won’t. And besides, that dry, dry climate isn’t good for it anyway. I’ve decided that when I return, I’ll bite the bullet and get room mates. I’ll just get housing in the new housing they built. It’ will be nicer than living in the old Travel Lodge.

1 Comments:

  • I'm keeping allsorts of things crossed for you! With everything you should be a shoo in to move forward (damnit).

    By Blogger The Nice Lady, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home