Platypus Journey

Saturday, September 30, 2006


Today's painting is party of my "Patio Junk" series. This one was done for a friend's house-warming

Yesterday was the first time in about a month that I've felt good enough to play any serious time in WoW. I spent some quality time in the Battle Grounds. I logged in this morning thinking to check how much honor I've generated for the Horde, but alas and alack, I must have been playing past midnight server time. I did get close to 320 HKs yesterday though.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to admit to myself that I'm not going to be able to play much WoW. At least, not until I can figure out how to ration it. I haven't played much in the last month. Ok, make that "I haven't played at all" in the last month. No brutal trips to the ER in the last month for headaches that need duladin. Twice I've played WoW this week, twice I've needed to go to the ER.
Now, it could be a coincidence that I'm also in a Low. And I've had my tumor shut off 3 times this week. That right there is enough to be hard on me.

So, no playing WoW hardcore until I'm High again. I didn't have this problem for months, then all of a sudden I"m having it when I'm really Low. Not fair!

It might be something to do with the tumor screwing with my eyesight. I can play The Sims2 just fine, but the video requirements are vastly different. Then again, it could be the excitement. If I'm already Low, and I'm getting all worked up because some idiot can't figure out tactics, or some cowardly NE rogue and druid combo keep ganking me, that's gonna both generate cortisol and eat it. Eat more than I make, I think. Which is why I end up in trouble.

Great, so while I love my Sims, I guess I'm restricted to them when I'm on a Low. No world domination in any form when I'm Low.

Phooey.

***
right. I was in the ER again last night. Normally my husband "gets" it, but last night he wanted me to ride it out, or some such nonsense. This one was different that the usual ones. It felt like a bolt of lightning, and I ended up passing out on the kitchen floor.
He made me wait 2 hours before taking me in to the ER. They did a CT and shot me full of duladin. We got home at 4 am. This morning, I woke up at 7:30 with a different kind of brutal headache. I don't think the pain is any less than it was last night, ok, it's an 8.5 as opposed to a 9.9, but I've gone to the ER with 8.5 headaches. But this is a manageable headache. This one I can drink a litter of water, two large cups of coffee and some overt the counter pain meds, and I"m good. I don't even have to dip into the prescription meds. At least, I don't think I'm going to have to. But that's a big difference between the two headaches, that have the same sort of pain scale. I'm going to have to figure out some way to get it through my sweet husband's thick skull, that when I need to go, I need to go. I know I'm Low, I just have to make it through this one Low. That's all I have to do, is make it through this Low... My surgery date is coming, it has to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home