Platypus Journey

Friday, September 29, 2006


CSS done! 9-21-06

I’m On a RAGING High still. My cortisol is Sky High, still, which is good for traveling. Better than being crashed anyway. I was able sleep for three hours this morning, which is the most I've been able to sleep in one stretch since Sunday, even while I was sedated after the CSS. I'm still going 8,000 miles a minute, so please forgive me if this isn't making the most sense.

I just got back from OHSU a few hours ago. Normally it would be a 4 hour-ish drive, but since I had to go to South West Hospital in Vancouver for more tests it turned into a six hour drive. Ah well.

I got a call from Dr. Ludlum just before I got home, and he said that the results from the CSS were good. That the tumor has lateralized. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but he was pleased, so it's good for my case.

I will continue to do UFC tests while I'm still raging High; the more High numbers, the better for the board. Monday I will have a full MRI and MRV for the Neurologist, but Dr. L is convinced that my crushing headaches are caused by the Cushing’s, and the MRI will just add proof of the pituitary. Right now the head aches are so bad Oxycodone is just taking the edge off the worst of the head aches. The Neuro is pleased that I'm mixing the different prescription so that I'm not getting hooked on them.

So. Dr. L will be taking my case to the Tumor Board next week. Which means that I will probably be looking at having Pituitary surgery in a few weeks, according to Dr. L.

So, I just go home. Like I said, I'm still sky high, and I'll prolly be up for most of the night, yet again.

I'll let you know more, as I know things

Courage and Strength!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home