Platypus Journey

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Weaning is hard!

"meaning of life" done with marker and watercolor. The rose is iridescent, which doesn't show up here.
Some people say everything gets written down in the Big Leger, while other people say that life is a series of lessons, and we are both the teacher and the student. As we go from life to life, we have different lessons to learn and teach, and this is meant to represent that.

I've believed in reincarnation since I was seven. Worked it out on my own, since my parents were atheists, but they sent me to an Evangelical private school, Alma Heights Christian Academy.

Yup, they had their hands full with me...

My wean is going very hard. I think in part because the sinus infection from hell is back. I have to call the ENT tomorrow first thing and find out when I'm scheduled for sinus surgery. Not that I want surgery mind you, but my cheek is so swollen that it's affecting my vision, and yippy, I have "new pockets of puss" forming. At this point, I think it is appropriate to say several bad words, really loudly. Repeatedly.

I'm now down to 45/40/40 and I have myself scheduled to wean again tomorrow morning. Today was the first day I felt half way decent in a week, so I think I'll put off weaning until Tuesday, and give myself one more halfway decent day. I've been sucking down so many zofran, I wonder if I was masking a little AI in the proess. 'Cause without it, I'd have been barfing for sure.

2 Comments:

  • I'm pulling for you, and sending you piles of feel-betters in the process.

    By Blogger The Nice Lady, at 12:29 PM  

  • Hey you....update your blog...or is there another one now?
    send me an email, i've lost your addy....
    love,and hugs...
    jen

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home