Platypus Journey

Monday, February 26, 2007

New Toys...


This is a single holly hock done with the Prismacolors. I didn't really use a reference photo for this, other than looking at a few. I was quite surprised to discover that most holly hocks these days are doubles! They look like pom-poms... Anyway...

Oh! This week I got two new sets of pencils! One is the 12 pack of Derwent's Graphitint set, and the other is the 24 pack of Prismacolor 24 Watercolor color pencils. So far, I've just played a bit with the new Prismacolors seeing how they are similar and different with the Derwent watercolor pencils I have. Right now, not having actaully created a new painting with the watercolor pencils, and just playing around with them, so far I'm more impressed with the Prismacolors...

But I sure had a whole lot of fun this afternoon with the Graphitint pencils. I got out my Mark Kistler book out, and just let it spark my imagination. I created a funny little flying monster flying through the a woods. I'm really impressed with them, but they don't really work the way I thought. The Graphitints are a water soluble graphite, but they don't lay down the same as any other graphite I've used. I don't have lots of experience with graphite, but these feel ... different. And boy are they!

I'll post my funny little guy later so you can see him. Made me giggle.

The staph antibiotic really is working, but I need to get the results from the sinus culture to make sure this thing is gone all the way!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home