Platypus Journey

Friday, January 19, 2007

I finished this today, and I'm really happy with it for the most part. It is based on a photo from the Hummingbird's Society's picture gallery, just this really great picture of this royally pissed off hummingbird. I love his attitude, and I figure I'll be working with him more as I figure out his character.

This is the first time I've attempted to draw a bird, feathers, wings or attitude.

This was done with my F-A-B new Prismacolor color pencils, with a black water color wash over the background. This technique was recommended to me by my new art Mentor, Judy in Pgh, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the technique... I'll update once I get the name of it though. Crazy Italian word, that I can't even pronounce... At least i think it's Italian.

I'm battling a really bad sinus & ear infection, which has thrown me into a really deep Low. I almost feel as bad as I did while taking the dope-o-max, but the anti-biotics are starting to kick in, so I should be feeling better here directly.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Crystal,

    It's Dulcie from the support group...your ears have probably been ringing lately but Trisha and I think you are great and a positive spirit...a fellow member of the let's try to keep life put together club so to speak. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I think your drawings, etc. are great and I admire you for doing it everyday, as an artist myself I have not had the energy to draw or paint - I am more of a painter - but keep up the attitude and drawings! This will help you more than pouting on the couch! You have my support!

    By Blogger Dulcie, at 12:37 PM  

  • Ditto from me, I hope things are progressing with you and Dr. L. Give me an update when you feel better.

    Trisha

    By Blogger Trisha, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home