Platypus Journey

Sunday, November 05, 2006

NaNoWriMo day 5

I'm at around 6,400 words, that's just a SWAG on my part. The last couple of days have been rough going, since my pit tumor shut off and I'm in a cortisol Low.

It really is going to be every bit as challenging as I thought it would be. It is almost 5 pm and I've been awake for ... less than 4 hours today.

The funny part so far is that when I'm really low like this I seem to concentrate on the story from the Alien invader's point of view. I noticed this a couple of weeks ago when I was in another Low and working on my character sheets. The aliens were just more... real to me. Too funny!

I just ate a bunch of salt, so I should stop itching soon. What a crazy disease I have!

The rain's back here in Seattle too. I’ve heard the month of November described as the NO month… no sun, no leaves, no fun. Dunno about that, but the rain has been amazing. We don’t normally get such heavy rain, and certainly not for long periods of time. The onther night my feet were burning hot, as opposed to the freezing cold when I’m in a Low, and I had to go stand out in the rain. I had to go stand in the wet grass for about ten minutes. I was astounded at how squishy the ground was, but it sure felt good standing on that cold wet grass. My husband couldn’t’ figure out why I was outside in my pajamas, but he doesn’t worry about my weird things, unless I’m really Low.

I’m so very lucky to have my husband and son. I know that there are lots of Cushies out there who are married to jerks, jerks who cannot or will not understand this awful disease. My heart breaks when other Cushies tell me what they have to put up with at home. I would like to just invite them all to live with me, but I know that isn’t realistic.

I'm off the Dope-o-max completely now! Hurray! That drug was the worst thing ever... It made my cycle a 5 day crash-to-crash, so I couldn't get a decent High... But now that I'm in a Low, my tumor keeps shutting off and off, sort of like I've got a bad starter or something. Or maybe it's my solenoid... car analogies...

As you know, I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. I'm just not having much luck getting any kind of word count when I'm Low. So, I'm going need to figure out a strategy for that. The funny thing is that when I'm low I've been thinking about my antagonist’s point of view (invading squirrels from outer space), and because this is a sci-fi novel, at least nominally, this might work out well. Especially since I didn't have time to plot out the book from their point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home