Platypus Journey

Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm super special... only about 1/4 of a pituitary

I have been trying to process this news. I found out a couple of weeks ago, and I really think this is the reason the tumor board has been so wiggly with me.

Dr. L is still working like a madman trying to get me help. I think I've discovered why I'm having sugh a difficult time moving forward. I've had plenty of high and normal and low values in my tests, and those normal and low tests are probably what's making the board all wiggly.

But the other news that I think I know is holding up the board back from approving me for pit surgery. It seems that I only have about 1/4 of my pit left. Left after what you ask? It looks like I had a very large tumor at one time that crushed my pit. This large tumor apparently died after it outgrew it's blood source, and has been re-absorbed. I do not have a visible tumor now. We think that the remaining tiny little tumor has taken over and is very powerful, given the wide and hard swings I have with my cycle.

I don't know what my future holds right now. I just don't know. It is likely that if I ever do get to surgery, that I'll have to ultimately have a BLA.

I don't know how many people have had a tumor that died, taking most of their pit with it, only to have another tumor show up wreaking more havoc.

So much for "Asymmetrical Pituitary..." it more like a crescent moon with a little blob at both ends...

I crashed hard on Wednesday, here it is Sunday night, and I'm still crashing. Crashing and crashing and crashing and crashing. It's like my starter motor is going bad or perhaps it's my alternator ....

We spent the afternoon with my family, I hadn't realized that it's been since July since I've been up to Whidbey. Too long, but when you crash every five days, not a whole hell of a lot I can do. i just have to hold out that I'll be cured soon. I have to hold that thought close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home