Platypus Journey

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Pet Portraits!




I can hardly believe that I haven't updated my blog in a month!

But I've been busy, and we lost power for a week, and I have all sorts of excuses!

Anyway, enough whining on my part...

I checked out a book from my local library, called "realistic pet portraits in color pencil" by Anne deMille Flood, so I can learn to do color pencil work. I have this idea for a painting in my head that is trying to get out, but I have to be able to create not terrible cats. The idea is a clown cat, but I'm still working on it. Funny, haiku are so much easier to get out of my head, buy I think the clown cat is going to be more like the rubber duckies that haunted me...

The first cat is Spike, and the second one is Dobby. These cats belong with friends of mine, Monica and Ami. You can't really say a cat belongs to someone, being cats and all... At least, not with most cats... Anyway, I've also been working on dragon heads. So far, I'm pretty happy. I'm using J "NeonDragon" Peffer website and her excellent book, Dragonart

I have two more dragon heads that haven't yet been scanned in. Okay, one is only finished, but the other one is close, mere hours from being done. I'm using the lessons I've been learning from the portrait book on the dragons. I do know that my poor Crayola brand color pencils are just not up to the task, and I'm going to invest in some real artist pencils. Good thing I got a gift certificate for Christmas! (Unless I decide to go with colored ink pens, instead of the pencils... So many choices! So little backbone!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home