Platypus Journey

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ayla's Owl

This little birdie was done with color pencil on Rising stonehenge paper, and is 14X11 just to give you an idea of the size.

Something rather interesting happened to me while I was working on the tree bits... I suddenly got this huge burst of energy, and had to just walk away from the painting. It was really, really strange, sort of like the energy burst I experienced while working on the portrait of Dobby the cat. But instead of anger, as with Dobby, it was more just energy! Go! Go! Go! I ended up just bouncing for a while on my Pilates ball, which doubles as my work chair in my studio... Love that Pilates ball...


These are just my current favorite art tutorials on the web....

Dragon Art Tutorials

Dragons. Drawing, inking, dragons and other critters, Photoshop techniques... Did I mention Dragons????

The Bergsma Gallery
http://www.bergsma.com/bergsmanews.asp

She’s provided a whole lot of drawing and sketches that she’s done, that are ready for you to color. I mean, how F-A-B is this! This way you can work on your inking and coloring techniques and not have to worry about messing up something you’ve spent hours on… (ok, I admit that’s MY fear…) While technically not a tutorial, more and excuse to color and work on color techniques... :)

FARP

Fantasy Art Recourse Project

Just a whole lot of useful tutorials from drawing to inking to digital media

Drapery tutorial looks at the way fabric folds and layers, every interesting


1 Comments:

  • Super cute Owl...and the Tulips also rock. I'm so glad you have found art, creation is so cathartic!
    ~jen

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home