Platypus Journey

Friday, March 09, 2007

Sea Stacks

This is part of a series of seascapes that I did based on some pictures of the Sea Stacks out at the Olympic National Forest.

I did three different versions, one watercolor pencil, one in the Graphitint pencil, and one in color pencil. I'm wondering if I should do one in just graphite, hmmm, that would be interesting, shades of grey...

This watercolor pencil and this version is the one that has not been washed. I have since washed it, so it looks different now. I just have to scan it.

I did something great and crazy this week. I bought myself an electric guitar. Do I know how to play the electric guitar? NO! Do I know how to play the acoustical guitar? NO! Am I gonna learn? You bet I am! I figure that since I've got nothing much else to do, this is one of those perfect opportunities to do some personal enrichment things. I really love surf guitar music, along with so many other types, anyway, I'm going to teach myself to play the electric guitar with a little help from some friends!

I've started using my Piliates Ball for more than just a chair, I'm actually feeling good enough to do some simple excersizes with the silly thing. Love my Ball, and yes, at 260 pounds it is just fine with my weight.

Well, still have that cursed sinus infection. I'm now on a 3 week course of a new antibiotc. My new ENT is pretty funny, but her office is still not quite set up, since she has physically moved her practice. The last appointment there was no excavation needed, which is a good thing.

The pan from the Prismacolor Grey incident/burning down the kitchen is a total loss... I thought I'd be able to save it, but no If you gently boil a pot with automatic dishwasher detergent, you can usually save the pot. It might take a couple of applications, but it does work. VQ's helpful household tip of the day (Thanks Eloise!)

I'm still not driving, still feel like a prisoner some days. Ok, most days I feel like a prisoner....

1 Comments:

  • Just thought I'd leave you a comment... fabo on the feeling like exercising (can you do some for me?)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home