Platypus Journey

Monday, March 05, 2007

Mixle, sad little Mixle


Here he is, sad little Mixle. I had a lot of fun with this little guy, and he actually started out as a fish. Now sure at what point he turned in to this, but this is what he wanted, so this is what he got.

I used the new Graphitint set that I received for my birthday, and I really like working with them. They have a dry feeling going down, not at all like the color pencils, but closer to the watercolor pencils, but dryer.

I've been working on a series of landscapes. The subject is the Sea Stacks out at the Olympic National Forest. Each rendering is in the different set of pencils, so one will be in color pencils, one in watercolor, one in Crayola, and the Graphitint. All are completed, except for the color pencil, and that one is coming along quite nicely. I'm astounded at the difference in time I take in the different pencil. I haven't washed either one of the water color pieces yet. So, I might end up doing a second in those pencils. We shall see what we see. But that's part of the joy and majic of this, not knowing how things are really going to turn out.

I tried to burn down the house again... I washed my big cast iron pan, and forgot it on the burner. It had the perfect season on it, but now that is a thing gone... But the good news is that pan isn't a total loss, like my 1 quart copper bottom pot is. I also think I need to move my smoke detector, just so I feel better. Both Mike and Spud told me that I'm not allowed to cook anything unless I stay within "the ring of fire." Good thing I have a big kitchen... And it will give me some time to work on the sculpture that I've been planning for a while. And the best part is that this will challenge me to incorporate the smoke detector in the sculpture.

So, let's see, I weaned again, so I'm now at 60/60/50, and hope to wean again on Friday.

Something interesting is that I'm cleaning out my life. I've been going through various boxes and bins and bags and drawers and everything like that and just clearing out the old, the stuff I don't need or want anymore. Coming from a world class pack-rat, descended from world class pack rats... this is actually significant. Not sure why, not sure why now. But it's what I'm doing.

In other news, Methboy went to our mom's latest doctor's appointment, where he proceeded to tell him that she was insane, tried to get her to admit that she was insane... He's convinced her that she needs to sell her rentals and move to Arizona with him. Or at least, he thinks he has. More like he wants to move to Az because he has no children in that state, so he figures that he can spend all her money there. Also, she's mummify pretty quickly in that dry heat, if it's anything like SE ID, so he can continue to collect her pension and SSI checks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home