Platypus Journey

Thursday, April 12, 2007

4am... sleep eludes

This is Spike...


Well, I thought I'd just post a little progress. And a great big whine... 4 am, and there is no sleep...

I'm down to 40/40/40 as of yesterday. I took a 5 day break from my 5 mg weaning schedule, which I really needed. Yesterday is the first day I felt like a human in a long time, but of course, at bedtime I hit a wall so hard I had to be helped to bed. Again.

So. I saw Dr. L yesterday, and he was pretty grim. The high levels of steroids are starting to cause damage. I am cotrtisol resistant, and the sinus infection is eating my brain again. Can't really wean until the infection is gone, infection is getting worse, and I have to beat the ENT about the head and shoulders to make her understand the grave and serious nature of this. But I have to contine to peck awy at this until it's down. One of the dangers is that I'll need to stress dose, which will throw my completely off again. And this last weekend I sooo wanted to stress dose. I can feel my body screaming at my kidneys to try to force them to force the missing adreanals to do something... phantom limb pain...

I see the ENT tomorrow. Not sure what's gonna happen, but Dr. L said I have to push. I hate to push. But I also hate to end this jouney because of a stupid sinus infection. Not how I want to die, by the way... But new pockets of puss are forming, need sinus surgery to debreed my sinuses, need IV anti-biotics since I've been on oral antibiotics for so long that I'm in danger of destroying my stomach... Even taking the extra yogurt and live active acidopholis and lacto-bacilli... I don't want the explosive bloody diareah... I've already got 2/3 of that as it is....

7 Comments:

  • I'm sending you hugs and healing thoughts and warm fuzzies full of extra strength to get you through all of this.

    By Blogger The Nice Lady, at 11:56 AM  

  • I hope to see you in Seattle!
    Trisha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 PM  

  • I really like your cat.

    Not sure what to say but I want to send a hug of support for the challenging journey you are on.
    regards
    corrine

    By Blogger jafabrit, at 6:07 PM  

  • I wish you would update more. I am ticklebug from the Cushing's Forum. Remember me?

    You are still in my thoughts, young lady. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

  • are you still there?

    By Blogger Create With Christie, at 8:29 PM  

  • Good day, sun shines!
    There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
    Now, I feel good, I begin to get real income.
    It's all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

    You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

  • My husband and i felt [url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp pas cher[/url] so

    joyful that

    Peter could deal with his reports while using the

    precious recommendations he discovered through your site. sac longchamp ,It is now and again perplexing to simply find yourself giving out strategies that

    many other folks might have been trying to sell. We discover

    we now have the writer to appreciate

    because of that. Most of the

    illustrations you made, the simple [url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]longchamp sac[/url] site menu, the

    friendships [url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp pliage[/url] you give

    support to create - it's mostly

    astonishing, and it

    is making our son and the family consider that that idea is amusing, and

    that is wonderfully

    important. Thanks for the whole lot!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home