Platypus Journey

Saturday, September 23, 2006

fishie fishie, in the sea

So for the last while I've been teaching myself how to draw. I always thought that if you didn't know already how to draw, you would never learn to draw. Yes, I know, convoluted and twisted logic, but I thought drawing was one of those innate skills that you had to possess, like the range you got to sing or something. Anyway, I decided that I was going to learn how to draw. I picked up a child's drawing book, Draw Squad by Mark Kistler http://www.draw3d.com/store/drawsqd.html I'm currently working my way through his Drawing in 3D with Mark Kistler http://www.draw3d.com/store/3Dbook.html

When I started drawing I had no idea of the impact it would have on my life. I had no idea that it would be such a calming influince for me, that it would give me such peace and joy.

But it does. I guess perhaps becuase drawing is something that I'm doing for myself, and not for the approval of anyone else. Not that I do many things for other's approval, but also maybe because I never thought I'd be able to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home