Platypus Journey

Friday, September 29, 2006

Mediterranean Diet 08-15-2006

Ok, I saw a new local Endocrinologist yesterday, mainly because I needed some local support, someone to locally help me interpret lab results and the like.

I also wanted to see if he could help me come up with an action plan so I don't end up in the ER any more because I crash so Low.

Well, he ordered yet more UFC tests because he didn't believe the other test results because they are too high, and I don't really "look Cushing's." Cushing's is a biomedical condition. No one says you don't have high blood pressure because you don't "look like you have high-blood-pressure..." And no plan of action to keep me out of the ER either...

ANYWAY...

He decided that I need to lose weight (ya' think??? ) So, he wants me to do the Mediterranean Diet. I suppose that would be ok, but it seems to be very high in Carbs, which as a Bandster, I have problems with on several levels, not the least being difficulty eating them . But it calls for drinking wine, but I don't drink wine , especially red wine, I just have never been able to develop the taste for it.

But I thought I'd share, since it sure gave me a laugh. Ok, so yesterday it was more hysterical laughter, but laughter still...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home