Platypus Journey

Friday, September 29, 2006

ramblin' ramblin' rambin' 08-05-2006

Nothing special planned for the weekend. I was going to spend some quality time with WoW, World of Warcraft, if everything co-operates. Hope to get a movie in on Sunday afternoon.

I spent about and hour this afternoon trimming bushes and waging war against the blackberries. Oh the Blackberries! Nothing says "abandoned property" like blackberries! Sure the English Ivy will take over almost as fast, but some how it looks genteel as opposed to abandoned and unloved. But I topped off the giant yard waste bin (not composing because of the blackberries) and a medium sized garbage can (again, not composting because of the blackberries.)

It's almost 3 am and I'm wide awake. I've been up since 7am and good grief. Kind of figures that the day I take a break from testing I'd be up all night. I don't care! I'm making a break from the Tyranny of the Jug!

Still no word from Chris at OHSU, I had called Thursday morning and left a message, I had hoped that she would call, but no such luck. *sigh*

I heard back from my niece tonight. I strongly suspect that she too has Cushing's. She saw her PCP, and he send her to an Endo requesting RUSH testing. She actually saw the Endo the next day. Doesn't look good, Her hump isn't humpy enough, she's not weak enough, her stria isn't red or wide enough, but he did order some blood tests and a UFC.

My son came home bragging that he'd gotten to see a Pirate rock band at the local mall. Every Friday they have live music on the stage, as well as several other nights, and tonight they had a group called Captain Bogg & Salty Spud and his girlfriend BabyGirl (I"m working on a new nickname for her, this week I'm calling her BabyGirl) bought all their CDs and had a really great time. Apparently the group had a FisherPrice, My First Mosh Pit... When I ripped the CDs to my hard drive it came up as Children's genre, so there were lots of kids in the audience. So there you go.

I'm detecting a theme to his latest gifts to me.. Pirate CD (but not pirated one ), pirate playing cards, pirate rubber ducky, and my very own tooba pirates... Well, I'll be well prepared for International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept 19th. (I'll be having my 3rd annual Pirate party... on 9/16, since ya can hardly have a rip-roaring Pirate party on a Tuesday Depending on how I feel tomorrow I might see if I can get my husband to take me to the SeaFair Pirates landing. Yeah, like I can handle the crowds... LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home